Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Huntington Beach 5k/Half Marathon

The morning started off very cold, windy, rainy and very early! We had planned to run the 5K and watch Jeff and some friends run the 1/2 marathon in Huntington Beach. It couldn't have been any worse for beautiful sunny California's weather, I guess snow would of topped it off. 6 am our party van was filled with Tim, Heidi and Lexina, Ryan, Rick, Jim, Shauna, me, Keli and Jeff. We were meeting Jen, Joanna, Mike, Justin and Ronnie plus some of Keli's friends. To say the least, this could of been a total party but instead it was a rough morning and I wanted to go to breakfast and stay warm and dry. Everybody did great and we had such a fun time, now that I can look back at the brrrrrrrr situation. The picture here of Uncle Jim, Shauna, Keli and I show how rainy it was. They truly were all smiles but as for me, not so much! I tried running with my umbrella for about a mile and a half until the torrential wind and rain practically broke it. Keli was just laughing the whole time and she wanted to sprint it out at the end, and she says shes not a runner! When the time came that I was able to see Jeff almost finish I could have cared less that I had two inches of water in my shoes. I was so thrilled for him plus he looked miserable and was just happy to get it over with. We took home beautiful medals with wooden surf boards on them and it was all worth it. 5k, 1/2 or full, whatever the case, its the memories right? Well that one will go down as memorable!

No comments: