Sunday, June 22, 2008

A New project

Inspired by my good friend Keli to dig up some vintage lace and linens I used to collect, I not only revisited a forgotten passion but embarked upon a new endeavour. She pronounced "who says vintage has to be old" at her and Diane's boutique, Donny and Fern's, and I cannot agree more with the statement. I am totally inspired by the spirit of vintage but adding a touch of funk. I just can't get away from the loud colors, animal print or the sparkle. So why not combine them? I am excited to sit with my old pal, the sewing machine, design and produce. Sofia has a little bug inside her to create so I am sure this will be fun for the both of us. I love the touch of lace and ruffle!
Pieces that were once old and forgotten are getting a new hot pink finish. Bella having fun being mommy's little helper.
We will be selling our items on Etsy, which is an online place for things handmade. Our items will be under Fi*La*Ru, our special name that symbolizes the girls.

No comments: