Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Winter Pix of 2008

This was actually a very funny moment for me. We had planned the night before to practice with Bella on bike riding. This is kinda a problem because she really has no interest. Sofia was 3 and quite the rock star on the bike and Bella is 5. I know we shouldn't compare but its definitely a comparison.
So this is the funny part. Daddy walking back because Bella rather dust of the rusty screws on the bike. She looks at the trees, notices the leaves have fallen. Her helmet bothers her and shes getting thirsty. He's done for the day and Sofia is just lacing up her skates. I'm still laughing...
So much fun watching the girls smile and laugh. The best part is how excited they are for each other. We kept saying, "go open yours" and "what did you get?" It was so cute.
Christmas Morning we waited for our sleepy girls to wake up.
My favorite part of the season is the girls running out to greet our mailman, Sam, and asking him for the Christmas cards. Its so sad the day I take them down. I can't seem to actually throw them away. I put them on the counter and I think Jeff ended up doing it.
These notes are so sweet! The thought and team work that went into it was precious.
Rubi was more excited over the passy that Santa left for Lilah to use for her baby dolls.
Date with Daddy at home. Homemade and messy, there's no better way!
First rainy day of school and they girls are thrilled. So excited to take umbrella's to school.
One of the girls favorite things to do during Christmas is to go caroling and check out all the lights. My grandma, G.G., gave Sofia her antique caroling book which Sofia cherish's. I didn't go this year because of the little ones but Jeff and some neighbors took the kids and they had a great time. Next year I plan to make it a big deal for them since it has been a sweet little tradition.
A fun night at the mall ended with Santa. Rubi was very excited unlike the previous years with Sofia and Bella. Even this year, Bella had to dig deep for the courage not to be scared. We were so proud of her!

No comments: