Thursday, July 16, 2009

Livin' and Lovin' on the Lake, Austin, Texas

It was only four days but where there is water there is smiles, even when eyes are shut, peace and most of all, HAPPINESS! Always love a chance to water ski. Brings me back to being a kid and remembering all my river and lake trips.
Granny was helping Sofia and sure enough she got up!
No skiing for Bella but jumping off Ray and Becky's dock was a totally party for her.
Just before 7am, the house still quiet with everyone asleep, I grab a cup of coffee and head outside for a morning prayer. Is this called a gift or what? The morning sun and silent lake just before I left for a breathtaking run. Imagine waking up to this everyday? I guess the best things in life are free.
Looking back at these pictures reminds me of how good all these kids are. We are blessed and honestly I believe deep in their little hearts they were ultimately grateful for this special opportunity. Harper G, of course loving the ride from her daddy.
These smiles are the result of some really good times that will be forever remembered!

1 comment:

Kevin and Krista said...

Hey, Jaim! The trip looks great. We love the lake here and I agree it is very relaxing to just watch the kids play there.

My Sophia was telling me that some people spell her name with an "f" sometimes and I told her that there are two ways of spelling Sofia/Sophia. I told her that my friend Jaime in California had a little girl also going into third grade (right?) who was Sofia and she thought that was cool. Sophie is still learning to read/write at grade level but I thought maybe they could try to be pen pals if Sofia was interested.

Happy summer.
:) Krista