Monday, February 22, 2010

Trash to Treasure

This is a picture Jeff sent me from his phone. This poor little table was by a dumpster, in the rain. Forever grateful for picking her up!
I was looking at these chairs for 3 days outside a neighbors house. I actually took them (at 10pm so no body saw me) for my sister in law. She declined so I thought, paint and Craigslist. A little TLC made me fall in love and keep these beauty's.
I actually liked the distressed look but didn't keep it. Loved the way our medallion looked like it had a pearl necklace around it. Chopped up Sofia's necklace from Claire's. I got the "ok" after I told her I would take her and get a new one.
Added it to our 80's bachelor table to hide the seam from the wood that we had to add.
I don't know if it really adds much but I had to think of something and it was a fun project.
And that super cute chandelier? Well, thank you Julie and Josh! It was glass and gold and I painted it a perfect orange/red suggested from Little Green Notebook. Thanks Keli for introducing me to that site. It's put all my garage trash to my new treasures. I love my new table, not perfect which is just perfect for us. God totally answered a prayer. Jeff insisted we get a square table and I wanted a round. I still can't believe he just found this ready to go in the dumpster. Even funnier, I still can't believe he picked it up for me. Sewed for a friend some new pillows and got me thinking...Sew some for us! I have all this fabric dying to be used.The girls were playing store in there room and Jeff was golfing. I maybe went a little overboard but quick envelope style just take a couple minutes. I can't believe I had some of this fabric in my garage sale pile.

1 comment:

MOM said...

OH MY GOSH..........YOU ARE TOTALLY AMAZING.....WHERE DO YOU GET THIS ENERGY? VISION? TOO CUTE......