Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some changes around here...

Its been exciting that some things are getting finished (although never for to long) and done around here. This window in our living room has had these romans on it for a couple of years now. My intentions for hanging them high was because I wanted to find some amazing fabric and sew curtains. Found some beautiful fabrics along the many months but the catch is the price tag that follows. For a girl who can't commit to style, I just couldn't surrender to the amount. That is okay though, change is good. My girl, Keli, found these sweet curtains at Kmart of all places for dirt cheap, that's why we love that place, right? I had to add some fabric to lengthen them but they sure make me happy when I walk down the hall and see a print and color on the wall.
Jeff and my step dad, Jim, are building a super practical and very stylish banquet. I imagine I can get 6-8 little booties in there. They are going to drop the bookshelf down, make it the same height and paint all of it white. My family is so excited they don't have to wipe off the table every time we sit down to eat, which we do because our table is outside. These boys worked so hard last weekend and I am so grateful! I can't wait to see the finished product.
Here is our new but old table that got a lime green finish. Thanks to Jeff and Sofia for picking out the very brightest color that could have been chosen. I hope this color will bring a smile to anyone who comes over. To be continued...

No comments: