Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mud Run

My fun team! The greatest part was having to finish together. You guys rocked! Sorry we got lost!
Camp Pendleton holds a annual 10K full of MUD, HILLS, beautiful terrain and one of the most awesome events ever! I loved crossing the lake, hurt myself going over the walls and laughed a lot with great friends. This is a must do every year! At one point when running up the 4 mile hill I got emotional. We looked like we were in Iraq or something. People were stopping to take pics next to big tanks and marines were squirting us with fake guns and I just had a moment. It was awesome to imagine that guys and gals actually train here for us, and even to make it more personal, for me. I love doing these kind of runs because when I wake up early to run down Fairview or Harbor looking at the cars and smelling the fumes, I imagine myself back at this kind of moment. Please remind me that this was hard and I need to train but loved every second of it. Always a big thanks to our babysitter, who in this case was mimi Lori and papa Jim.

No comments: