Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lessons of a Lifetime

Some of my two favorite books these days. The Are and Soul of Baking by Cindy Mushet. I had the pleasure of attending her "Baking Boot camp" last year for my birthday from my mother in law, Candy. She autographed my book saying, Here's to all the sweet things in life". You'll appreciate her guiding you along as you tackle any of her recipes. Another one is The River Cottage Family Cookbook by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall &Fizz Carr. This is an the best book ever! I try to include the kids in the kitchen but sometimes it is just a pain. This gives us projects they really can handle. Did you ever know that just by putting heavy cream in a jar and shaking it makes butter?
We captured a few that the girls were so excited about. Bella and Sofia waited patiently for there rolls to be done. We noticed that fresh baked bread can be smelled from outside. Spread with our homemade butter you would think we lived on Little House on the Prarie.
Karate chopping was there favorite part.
Sofia was very serious about her bread and Bella just wanted to have a ball with it. Am I relating our kids view on life to making bread?
These really are more than cookbooks, they encourage us to be together in the kitchen and that's really what matters. Gift idea for anyone???

No comments: